Dmitry Lebedev, an Honored Artist of the Russian Federation (1970), was a talented landscape painter and a master of psychological portrait. In 1926, Lebedev graduated from the Higher Art and Technical Studios (VKHUTEMAS), where he was taught by Ilya Mashkov and Pyotr Konchalovsky. in that year, Lebedev also joined the Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia (AkhRR) and became an active participant in its art shows. He was a member of the Moscow Union of Artists from 1932. In 1943, Lebedev worked in the Studio of the War Artists named after M.B. Grekov.
Dmitry Lebedev regularly participated in Moscow, Russian and all-USSR exhibitions. The artist’s works are represented in the collections of the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow and several regional museums.